Monday 4 April 2011

A working weekend...


This weekend hasn't been the greatest I can remember, Saturday was lovely, the sun was shining, it was warm, and I was stuck in a room shooting paper, plastic and hesian bags for a catalogue. Okay I shouldn't moan it's work and that isn't so easy to come by these days. So whilst I filled, arranged and shot the bags, my wife kept my two boys entertained, gardening and playing football.



Sunday, Mothering Sunday no less, a time of cards, flowers and chocolates, started well, my wife was really happy with her hand made cards off the boys, her eyes lit up when they presented her with a big box of Maltesers too. I still had a few shots to do so whilst my wife took the boys to see her mum I continued shooting. This took longer than I'd anticipated and before I knew it the wife was home and wanting to go out for the family walk we'd discussed before she'd left.

I finally got the job wrapped and packed, we got our walk, down to the park so the kids could have a good play on the swings, slides and roundabouts, and on the way back the heavens opened and we got a good soaking.

Sometimes being self-employed ain't so good, you have to balance work and home life, but it's difficult when you have a deadline for a job, even if it mean working on Mothers Day.

No comments: